If you are a user of iPhone & iPad then sometimes you have to face issues with every update of iOS. You have to face An Error During Activation iMessage on iOS. This is most of the times very irritating. A lot of users reported the error that pops up with a message “iMessage Activation” even after updating iOS. In such cases, you search for all the solutions to fix iMessage waiting for activation error. Here, we are going to help you. We will provide you the solution to fix the problem. Here, you will get to know about the error, its reasons or probable causes & hoe you can fix this issue. Moreover, you can also get to know how to activate iMessage on Mac.
If you want to use iMessage then you have to activate on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. Follow & perform the below given steps if you have to face an error message during activation. Apple has launched iOS 10 on 13th Sep 2016. There is a significant update iOS 10.2 is also available now. It has brought some new update issues & many people have reported about iMessage waiting for activation.
This is a very common issue that occurs during iMessage activation. Apple has also launched official thread to solve this error but still there are various users that face this error. The company has released official guide to solve this error for older iOS users.
You might have heard people reporting sorts of messages & iMessage issues, such as iMessage/communications not send/sending, not received, or don’t trigger iMessage, iOS 10 messages new results not working & messages disappeared after iOS 10.1 update. If iMessage waiting for activation properly in iOS 10/10.1/10.2 unit or iMessage not working on iPhone, then follow this content to get some possible help to fix iMessage waiting for activation iOS 10. This is one of the biggest issues in iOS. It is a very popular social messaging service. You can remove all the contacts, temp files & browsing history as well as restore the iPhone.
- You might notice that suddenly the message says that message fails to deliver while chatting on the iPhone.
- The iMessage app might freezes or crash after updation & a black screen appears.
- You might not receive any more messages & iMessage features even fail to work.
How To Fix iMessage Waiting for Activation Error
Here are some of the methods that you can use if you want to get rid of iMessage Waiting For Activation Error.
Method 1: Check the connectivity
- Go to ‘settings’. Click on ‘Wi-Fi’ & make sure that Wi-Fi is enabled.
- If you are using mobile data then go to ‘settings’ & click on ‘cellular data’ & turn it on.
Method 2: Check date & time
- Go to ‘settings’ & click on ‘general’ & then click on ‘date and time’.
- A screen will open having date & time. Click on ‘set automatically’ option to enable it.
Method 3: Set up the phone number
- Go to ‘settings’ & click on ‘phone’.
- Click on ‘my number’ & enter your number if not present there.
- Moreover, you can also use your Apple ID if you want to send & receive messages through iPhone.
Method 4: Restart face time & iMessage
- Go to ‘settings’ & click on ‘messages’. Switch off the ‘iMessage’ option.
- Tap on ‘settings’ & click on ‘face time’. Switch off the ‘face time’ as well.
- Switch off your iPhone & restart it again.
- Go to ‘settings’ & click on ‘messages’ & then switch on the ‘iMessage’ option.
- Go to ‘settings’ & click on ‘face time’ & then switch on the ‘face time’ option.
Method 5: Switch On the airplane mode
- Go to ‘settings’ & click on ‘airplane mode’ & then toggle it ON.
- You have to wait for nearly 10 seconds.
- Tap on ‘settings’ & click on ‘airplane mode’ & then switch it OFF.
- You have to wait for one minute only.
- Tap on ‘settings’. Go to ‘iMessage’. Switch it ON.
Method 6: Sign In & Sign Out of Apple ID
- Tap on ‘settings’ & click on ‘message’.
- A message screen will open. Scroll down & navigate for ‘send and receive’ option. Click on it.
- Go to the next screen & click on ‘apple ID’.
- Click on ‘sign out’ on pop up screen.
- Again go to ‘settings’ & switch OFF the Wi-Fi & then wait for a minute.
- After that, again switch ON the Wi-Fi.
- Tap on ‘settings’ & click on ‘messages’ & switch ON ‘iMessage’.
- Sign In with your Apple ID.
Method 7: Reset privacy & location
- Go to ‘settings’ & click on ‘general’ & then click on ‘reset’.
- A screen will open. Click on ‘reset location & privacy’.
- Enter your pass code (if any).
- Click on ‘reset network settings’.
Method 8: Re-insert SIM
- Go to ‘settings’. Click on ‘messages’ & then switch OFF the ‘iMessage’ option.
- Press & hold the side button & then switch OFF your iPhone.
- Remove the SIM card & then re-insert it again.
- Switch ON your iPhone again.
- Tap on ‘settings’. Go to ‘general’. Click on ‘reset’ & then click on ‘reset network settings’. Then enter the pass code & switch ON your Wi-Fi.
- Go to ‘settings’. Click on ‘messages’. Turn ON the ‘iMessage’ option.
Method 9: Check VPN settings
- Tap on ‘settings’. Go to ‘general’ & click on ‘profile’.
- Clear all the profiles & reset ‘VPN configurations’.
Method 10: Clear all contents & settings
- Go to ‘settings’. Click on ‘general’ & then tap on ‘reset’.
- Click on ‘clear all contents & settings’.
- Enter your pass code & click on ‘iPhone’.
- By this, your iPhone will start.
- Switch ON the ‘iMessage’ option.
iMessage Still Not Activated?
After tried all the solutions to fix iMessage activation error, you want to know how long it takes to activate iMessage. Well, it just takes about 24 hours to fix this error. But sometimes even after 24 hours this issue still continues then you can do the following steps-
- Just check that your iPhone is updated to the latest iOS.
- Make use of iPhone contact.
- Finally, you can contact Apple Support to solve this error.
How to Activate iMessage on Mac?
Make sure that iMessage is activated on Mac & that too by using Apple ID. Here, you’ll get to know how to activate iMessage on Mac. Perform the following steps to fix iMessage activation error on iPhone.
- Tap on ‘message app’. Click on ‘preferences’ Tap on ‘account’.
- Make sure that Apple ID is been used to activate the iMessage.
- If it is not then simply tap on ‘Accounts’ & enter your Apple ID. After that, sign in by using the same Apple ID to activate the app.
By this way, you can use iMessage app on your iPhone & Mac using same Apple ID.
So we have mentioned the few steps to Fix iMessage Waiting For Activation Error. These are very simple & basic steps to execute. You can try them easily. If you have any query or feedback or want to share your experience with us then you can comment it below in the comments section