You may sometimes have to face the DNS_Probe_Finished_Bad_Config Error. This thing might sometimes irritate you when you have to search for something urgently. This error occurs due to internet connection. This error is caused by poor internet connection. This error has shown be many browsers while accessing a certain website. Luckily, it is very easy to fix this error.
This is very common error. It occurs due to various reasons. Here you can see the related causes if this error & how you can solve it. We will tell you all the solutions of fixing DSN_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG ERROR. Check it here.
Causes Of DSN_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG ERROR
Before looking for the solution, first learn the reasons behind this error. Mostly it occurs due to internet connection but there might be few other reasons also.
- Any problem in router
- Changed IP address
- DNS cache
- Any issue in the hardware
Before working on the actual methods, you can try some simple & basic steps such that are given below.
- Delete cache files & cookies from the browser
- Try other browsers also
- Reload your browser
- Update the network driver
- Restart router by clicking its power button two times. Due to this, IP address is created.
- Follow these steps & restart your system.
If you are not able to fix the issue by following the above mentioned basic & simple steps then you should follow the below mentioned steps.
Steps To Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG Error
Method 1: Renew IP address
Sometimes due to certain internal occurrences & changes, IP address got changed. To renew it, you should follow some steps:
- Open ‘command prompt’ & type ‘cmd’.
- First, release the previous IP address by typing ‘ipconfig/release’ on command prompt. Press ‘enter’.
- Create a new IP address by typing ‘ipconfig/renew’ on command prompt. Press ‘enter’.
Method 2: Flush DNS cache
- Open ‘command prompt’.
- Type ‘ipconfig/flushdns’ to delete DNS cache
Method 3: Change DNS server
- Right click on the network icon located at the right bottom of the windows screen.
- Choose ‘open network & sharing center’
- Click on ‘properties’ tab
- Select ‘internet protocol version 4’ in the checklist
- Click on ‘properties’ tab
- Click on ‘radio’ button & ‘use the following DNS server addresses’
- Set preferred server address as 126.96.36.199 & alternate DNS server address as 188.8.131.52
- Click on ‘ok’.
Method 4: Disable the antivirus & firewall in your PC
It may be possible that the error is created due to updating of the firewall or antivirus. At this stage, you need to restore the old versions of software & consult your vendor for the problems that it created.
Method 5: Change the internal catalog of IP addresses
- Open ‘command prompt’
- Type ‘nets hint ip reset’. Press ‘enter’.
- Type ‘netsh winsock reset catalog’. Press ‘enter’.
Due to power supply, this error can occur. However, this is a rare case but you can give it a try by removing all the plugs from sockets & disconnect the internet connection after keeping it for 10 to 20 minutes. Then plug everything at their respective place. Then, restart your system.
The above mentioned methods are quite successful & useful. These are also time as well as cost efficient. You can get rid of this error by just few clicking. Make sure to restart your system after performing any of the above methods.
You can ask any query or want to give any feedback then you can comment it in the below given section. I hope you got all the related solution & now you are able to fix the error. Feel free to ask anything. You can also share your experience in the comments box given at the bottom of this content.