While working on the computers, you may sometimes encounter with error like Windows Modules Installer Worker High Disk. What is this? What can be the causes of this error? How can you fix this? The technology has grown up over the past few years. Now, we are operating Full HD screens & operating systems. A large number of applications support them. These applications run on certain languages & uses protocols. When those protocols are not met then various types of errors occur & one of them is Windows Modules Installer Worker High Disk.
This error occurs on the running computers. This error is mostly found in windows 10. Due to this error, your computer can be slowed down & it might occur that some running applications do not respond. Sometimes, you have to turn off your system & restart it again. This can be a temporary fix & can lead to secondary errors & hardware results. Hence, we will help you here to fix this issue.
What is Windows Modules Installer Worker Error?
As already mentioned, it is a computer error that occurs on the running system. This issue is mostly occurs in windows 10. This function is an important tool in windows that fetches the windows updates & installs them. It uses internet & other software files. When this tool loses its stability, a message occurs on your system showing ‘tiworker.exe windows modules application’ & indicates the error.
Cause Behind Windows Modules Installer Worker Error
The windows modules installer is an important tool as it fetches & installs different types of windows updates. However, sometimes, while fetching for updates, this tool loses its stability & leads to a high computer CPU usage. This CPU usage goes as much as 90%. When this usage reaches a great number then the running apps on your system stop responding. At this stage, you are forced to turn down your system & restart it to restore the normal CPU usage back. Windows 10 comes with various awesome visual effects, graphics & animations. Hence, it is one of the biggest updates in the history of MS operating system versions. These services cause issues in windows 10.
Fix Windows Modules Installer Worker Windows 10
Now, you have realized the meaning & the reason behind this error. Here we will give you two solutions to fix this error. Read them here.
Method 1: Prevent automatic Windows 10 updates
- Open ‘Run’ on your system by pressing ‘windows key’ & typing ‘run’ on the search bar.
- Type ‘services.msc’ & press ‘ok’. The windows service settings menu will open on your screen.
- Navigate & click on ‘windows modules installer’.
- Go to ‘properties’ menu. Set the startup type to ‘manual’ & click on ‘apply’.
- Go back to ‘service settings’ & navigate ‘windows updates’ & then perform same actions as you did for windows modules installer.
- On ‘windows updates properties’, check the option ‘check for updates but let me choose whether to download & install them’.
- Restart your system.
Method 2: Using windows update troubleshooter
Windows update troubleshooter is a pre-installed application in your windows systems. This application searches the internet to fix all the issues automatically. Here are the steps by which you can fix all the issues:
- Open Google from your default browser.
- Search ‘windows update troubleshooter’ & download it from the official website of Microsoft.
- As soon as the app is installed, launch the ‘WindowsUpdateDiagnostric.diagcab’ tool on your computer.
- This tool initiates the process of checking for windows update faults.
- If this tool finds errors & fixes them, it will display ‘troubleshooting has completed’. You can restart your system once the issue has been fixed.
Note: If your system has preinstalled version of ‘windows update troubleshooter’ then you can skip the first two steps.
Windows Modules Installer Worker is a useful tool for your system as it searches for all types of windows updates & installs them automatically. But, due to high CPU usage & instability, this Windows Modules Installer Worker Error occurs. This issue slows down the speed of your system & also prevents various applications to run. In this content, we have already mentioned two solutions to fix this error.
I hope you get all the related solutions. If you have any query or feedback then you can comment it in the below section.