There can be various reasons of getting msvcp100.dll missing or not found error in Windows 10. Most of the times this message pops up during boot or when the system is shutting down. You should know the error & the reason behind it. You can easily find a solution when you know what the issue is. Once you know about the problem you can easily get rid of it. Here, we will guide you about it so that you will get a solution for msvcp100.dll missing error.
This is the most common error. Windows 10 is new in the market. It has some bugs which should be take care of & some of them have gone. But, this error can pops up anytime. This error also occurs in Windows 7 & windows 8. It is a minor issue & you can get rid of it easily.
Cause of msvcp100.dll Missing Error
This error can be caused while installing or using a program & you just suddenly turn off the system. This error pops up to hinder your operation. This error can show for all the files related with the msvcp100.dll file. To solve your issue, you can download msvcp100.dll missing file. If you don’t know what is dll file then you can read this content given below.
Dll errors occur due to old drivers or virus problems. You can fix these errors very easily as these are very common with Windows operating systems.
How to Fix msvcp100.dll Missing Errors
Here is the list of things that you can do to remove this error.
- You can download the latest Microsoft Visual Service Pack with MDC security update. This will help you to remove old ware & fix the error.
- You can check the recycle bin. Check whether there is msvcp100.dll file or you had deleted it accidentally. If it is not present there then restore it by clicking the ‘restore’ button.
- You can install windows updates. This helps you to get rid of the old ware & fix the error. You can update your service pack also.
- You can use a system restore. It ensures you that all your recent changes are overturned. If you had deleted the msvcp100.dll file accidently then doing a system restore can restore all your files back to their place. In this way, the error can be fixed easily.
- You can run a malware/virus scan. There can be a virus or malware infection so you can fix the error by running a scan.
- You can re-install a program. If you are facing this error due to a particular application then you can re-install it.
- You can use a free registry cleaner. This well help you to fix all the issues related with the registries.
- You can go for the restoring windows. This well helps to restore the default conditions of your OS. You don’t require saving your files. You just restore & download the required files again. Then, install them & check whether the error is gone or not.
- You can opt for clean installation of windows. There are few directories that a restore function would not cover. You can go for a clean install to take care of all the directories & bring your system back to default. You can use a media tool provided by Microsoft to perform clean installation. It is free to download as well as accessible foe all kinds of windows ten extensions. Check the error is gone or not.
- You can click on ‘troubleshoot’ button in Windows 10 & wait for the computer to detect the issue. As soon as the problem has been detected, your computer will automatically solve it. In this way, you can get rid of msvcp100.dll error.
What To Do If You Are Still Facing The Error?
If you are facing the error even after following above mentioned steps then you have to put more efforts to get rid of it. You have to take your system to an expert repairing shop. The expert would identify the issue & find what’s wrong with the device. You can also take your system to the service center. Service center would help you in a better way as the system is manufactured by them so they can easily fix your system.